1. Our Policy
1.1 MAPCITE AUSTRALIA PTY LTD (“we“, “us“, “our“), ABN 627 970 414, having its registered office in Level 7, 92 Pitt Street, Sydney, 2000, Australia, is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
1.2 This Policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us in relation to your use of our website www.residz.com (the “Website“). Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
1.3 We are bound by the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) (subject to exemptions that apply to us under that Act) and any other applicable data protection laws (the “Legislation”)
1.4 For all issues relating to Privacy, please email@example.com
2. Information we may collect from you
2.1 You may use our Website without providing Personal data to us but some functionality will not be available to you unless you register with us. By registering, you are providing consent for us to hold and process your Personal data as detailed in this policy. As a registered user we may collect and process the following data about you:
2.1.1 Personal data that you provide by filling in forms on the Website and/or by contacting us through email or any additional information that we may request, and you provide to us. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence. This includes:
· business and/or residential address;
· location information (including postcodes);
· email address;
· telephone number;
· age and/or birth date;
· profession, occupation or job title;
· information about your interactions with us;
· information about the products and services you have purchased from us or which you have enquired about, together with any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services or to respond to your enquiries;
· information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our network or indirectly through use of our network or online presence through our representatives or otherwise;
· information you provide to us through our service centre, customer surveys or calls by our representatives from time to time; and/or
· other personal information we may require from time to time to manage your business relationship with us.
2.1.2 Details of your visits to our Website including IP address, operating system and browser type, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, and the resources that you access. For more information on the technical data that we collect from you, please read our Cookies Policy.
3. Purpose of and legal basis for processing your personal data
3.1 We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
· to provide products and services to you and deliver the best possible quality of customer experience (such as by gaining an understanding of your needs);
· to provide you with news, information or advice about our existing and new products and services, including for marketing (see the “Marketing” section below);
· to communicate with you, including but not limited to, by email, mail, SMS or telephone;
· to manage and enhance our products and services (such as for research and development);
· to personalise and customise your experience;
· to provide you with access to protected areas of our Website;
· to verify your identity;
· to assist you to gain approval or provision of a product or service, including to assess applications for your suitability of our products and services;
· to provide as part of statistics, insights or business data to third parties or to use internally in our business;
· to conduct business processing functions for operation of our Website, our apps or our business;
· to manage our sales or other business relationships with you;
· for our administrative, promotional, planning, product/service development, quality control and research purposes, or those of our contractors, external service providers or business partners;
· to provide your updated personal information to us, our contractors, external service providers or business partners;
· to investigate any complaints about or made by you, or if we have reason to suspect that you are in breach of any of our terms and conditions or that you are or have been otherwise engaged in any unlawful activity; and/or
· as otherwise required or permitted by any law (including the Privacy Act).
3.2 We will only process your personal data to the extent necessary to enable us to comply with the above purpose. When processing your personal data, we do not make automated decision-making (without human intervention).
4. Disclosure of your information
4.1 We may disclose your personal data to third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation.
4.2 We also share anonymised information about your use of our Website with our analytics partner who may combine it with other information that you have provided to them or that they have collected from your use of other services.
4.3 We will also share your details with third party service providers, where you have specifically requested that we do so, in order for that third party to contact you.
5. Period for which the personal data are stored
5.1 Your personal information will only be retained for as long as it is reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected or as required for a legal, accounting or reporting purpose.
6. Your rights
6.1 Access to Personal data
6.1.1 Subject to the exceptions set out in the Privacy Act, you may gain access to the personal information which we hold about you by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request within a reasonable period. We will give access in the manner you have requested if it is reasonable to do so. We will not charge for simply making a request and will not charge for making any corrections to your personal information. However, depending on the nature and scope of the personal information you have requested, we may charge you a reasonable fee to provide access to this information.
6.1.2 If you make an access request, we will ask you to verify your identity. There may be instances where, for legal reasons, we cannot grant you access to the personal information we hold. For example, we may need to refuse access if granting access would interfere with the privacy of others, or if it would result in a breach of confidentiality. If that happens, we will give you written reasons for any refusal and information on how you can complain about the refusal.
6.2 Right to rectification
6.2.1 You have the right to obtain from us the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning you and to have incomplete personal data completed.
6.3 Right to restriction of processing
6.3.1 You have the right to obtain from us restriction of processing where one of the following applies:
(a) you contest the accuracy of your personal data for a period enabling us to verify the accuracy of your personal data;
(b) the processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of your personal data and request the restriction of their use instead;
(c) we no longer need your personal data for the purposes of the processing, but you require them for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
(d) you have objected to processing pending the verification whether our legitimate grounds override yours.
7. Exercise of your rights
7.1 In order to exercise your rights in relation to the processing of your personal data, please contact us as described in clause 9. We will provide information on action taken based on your requests, in relation to your rights described in clause 7, within one month of the receipt of the request. That period may be extended by two further months where necessary, taking into account the complexity and number of the requests. In this case, you will be informed of any such extension within one month of receipt of your request, together with the reasons for the delay.
8. Protection of your personal data
8.1 We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your personal data are treated securely and in accordance with the Legislation.
8.2 Nevertheless, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website. Any transmission is at your own risk.
8.3 Unless we give prior notice of this changing, our Website and the majority of your Personal data will be held within the territory of Australia. The remainder is held within our Customer Database, which is stored in the EU. In addition, for the purposes of the support and operation of our Website, our staff members in the UK will also have access to the data.